The Global Pandemic has given rise to changes in Shaklee’s inventory, ingredient sourcing, and the demand of Shaklee’s health giving products. Many of you have noticed the delay in shipping your favorite supplements, cleaning and disinfectant products. The company is doing the best they can as customer service people work from home and the shipping headquarters in Ohio practices social distancing to keep the employees safe.
I just received a lengthy update from the company about product availability and formulas changes. I pass these on to you so you can know everything I know.
Don’t worry, I continue to troubleshoot product supplies as I am able and any other challenges you may have. I have included most of the corporate email. Read on if you are interested. Leave it to me if not.
Shaklee 180® Meal and Snack Bar Improvements
Customers may notice an improvement in our Shaklee 180® Meal and Snack Bars. A slight change in formulation – changing the fiber source to non-GMO soluble corn fiber – results in a moister, softer texture and mouth feel. Snack and Meal Bar fans will love the difference!
Slight Difference in Appearance for Sustained Release Vita-C® #20095
A change in tableting equipment has created a very slight change in appearance for Sustained Release Vita-C®, which [you] may notice. The tablet is slightly thicker and may also appear lighter in color. There is otherwise no change in this flagship formulation, remarkable for being the first plant-based sustained release delivery system for vitamin C.
Shipping Limitations for Get Clean® Hand Sanitizer
Please be aware that hand sanitizers are in a class of product that requires special shipping considerations, and the Shaklee Get Clean® Hand Sanitizer is subject to these considerations as well.
When placing an order for yourself…, please keep these parameters in mind:
- Order must be shipped FedEx Ground (i.e., no 1- or 2-day expedited shipping options);
- Must be shipped to a physical address (no P.O. Boxes);
- Carrier may ask for signature on delivery.
- May only be shipped within the contiguous 48 states.
These parameters are shown on the product page for the Get Clean Hand Sanitizer and will also be programmed into the ordering system. In the meantime, we will notify any customer whose order needs to be modified via email.
Thanks for your attention. We realize these parameters may present an inconvenience, but we know you will understand that these are regulatory considerations not within our control.
Shaklee Vita-D3® Enhancement: Vitamin D plays a major role in supporting bone health, cardiovascular and immune health and is vital for overall well-being. The challenge is that most people in the U.S. still don’t get enough Vitamin D from their diets and sun exposure to support optimal blood levels.*
To address this even more effectively, Shaklee has doubled the level of Vitamin D in Vita-D3 from 1,000 IU (25 mcg) per tablet to 2,000 IU (50 mcg) per tablet. The new formulation is available with item code #21364, and at only $.03 additional cents per serving is an incredible value.
Shaklee Vita-D3 #21364 – SRP $11.75 | MP $10.00 | PV 6.00.
The original Vita-D3 product (#21214) is now permanently discontinued. We have sent emails to alert those who had original Vita-D3 on AutoShip to ensure they replace the existing item with the new one, and that they are aware of the enhancements.
* Based on review of data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES).
Enfuselle® Product Update
Since the launch of our YOUTH® Anti-Aging and Hydrating Skin Care regimens and treatment products, we’ve closely monitored the impact on sales of remaining products in the Enfuselle line. It is to be expected that many of our previous Enfuselle customers would make the choice to shift their loyalty to the newer line over time, and that trend is manifesting in decreased sales for some of the products in the previous line.
As a result, we have decided to phase out and discontinue a few products that are no longer selling strongly enough to support another minimum order production.
Enfuselle Calming Complex #32558 – An extremely slow seller, this product will reach expiration well before we have been able to sell through significant existing inventory. Stop sell April 2021 / Expires October 2021.
Replacement Product: YOUTH Moisture Activating Serum #32583
- New & Improved Formulations for ProSanté Hair Products
We’re excited to let you know about enhancements to two of our ProSanté hair care formulations. A reformulation of our shampoo and conditioner leverages advances in hair care technology and wholesome botanicals to cleanse and nourish hair.
The new formulas have been fully tested by several Leaders in the Field and are now ready for you and your customers to enjoy.
Here’s what members of our Field test group had to say about the enhanced formulations for these two products:
“I tried the new products and I loved the consistency, the smell, and the way they lathered and worked in my hair. I get lots of compliments on my hair health, including from my hair stylist. These new products provided great moisture, shine and revitalization. Because they come from Shaklee, I know they’re the best for my scalp and for the overall health of my hair.” ~ Michele Lyon
“I couldn’t believe how little I used and how long it lasted. I liked the fresh, clean scent. I have very fine hair, so most shampoos are too heavy. I found my hair easy to manage.” ~ Lynn Benevento
“I loved the new scent. My hair is curly, coarse, and often dry—these products made my hair feel soft and healthy with no buildup.” ~ Harper Guerra
Available starting February 2020:
ProSanté Revitalizing Shampoo #31690
- pH balanced; safe for use on all hair types
- Moisturizes dry hair
- Formulated with humectants and a vegetable derived protein for a smoother hair cuticle, better behavior and control
- Features a cleansing system of naturally derived cleansing agents – No DEA, SLS, or SLES
ProSanté Replenishing Conditioner #31644
- Provides intense shine and softness
- Moisturizes dry hair
- Nourishes and strengthens
- Get Clean® and Household Product Ingredients Information
Starting January 1, 2020, we will be adding an “Ingredient Glossary,” a listing of ingredients, for each of our Shaklee Get Clean and Household products, to each of their online product pages in the Shaklee.com web site.
We’re doing this as a result of a California law that goes into effect in January, which requires that the ingredients for all cleaning products be displayed online. The law applies to all household cleaners, not just ours, obviously, and it applies ONLY to places where the household product appears online. While the law doesn’t currently apply in other states, eventually other states will adopt similar statutes and we think it’s a good idea.
Nothing changes with respect to the physical product label that you .. receive. No change to the label.
To learn more about the addition of the Ingredient Glossary to the product pages for Get Clean and household products, we’ve prepared an informational slide deck.
The deck provides background and examples of the location where the Ingredient Glossary will be posted in the product pages, what will be included and how it will look. If you have any questions, please give Shaklee Product Support a call at 925-734-3638, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New FDA Label Requirements for 2020
The FDA has announced new RDIs/RDAs which go into effect on January 1, 2020. These regulatory requirements necessitate changes in many of our labels and Shaklee products will begin to reflect them, a few at a time, starting this month.
Here is a brief summary of the changes you will begin to see:
- FDA requires that all products manufactured after January 1, 2020 have labels that reflect updated RDI (RDA).
- The agency is also requiring other changes that affect both Nutrition and Supplement Facts boxes.
- These RDI/RDA changes mean the % Daily Value (%DV) in the Supplement or Nutrition Facts box on labels also changes.
- Shaklee R&D and Health Sciences took this opportunity to enhance formulations for a few Shaklee products, including Vita-Lea®, Vitalizer™, Life-Strip®, OsteoMatrix® and Chewable Cal Mag Plus.
Here are some helpful resources to walk you through the changes that your customers may notice:
- Watch this brief but informative video (about 15 minutes long). This video is available in Shaklee.tv, in the Shaklee Science channel so you can also share it with anyone in your group.
- A slide deck detailing the changes can be downloaded here. You can also download it directly at the end of the video listed above.
- Contact Product Support at 1-925-734-3638, Monday thru Friday, 9-5 Pacific Time or by emailing email@example.com.
- Shaklee Get Clean® and Classic Basic-H® Improvements
Shaklee R&D has recently found ways to improve performance for several of our Healthy Home products, while maintaining our promise to provide a full line of non-toxic cleaning choices that are Safe for You, Your Home, and Your Planet®.
Here are some innovations you and your customers may notice:Here are some innovations you and your customers may notice:
- Fresh Laundry Concentrate (Liquid) – Regular & Fragrance Free – An improvement to the formula makes Fresh Laundry more effective on soils and stains. A less viscous, thinner consistency allows the product to disperse quickly in water. The same formula improvements have been made to Fresh Laundry Concentrate (Powder), without any change in texture or appearance.
- Soft Fabric Concentrate – Better together! The Soft Fabric Concentrate scent has been updated to match the scent in Fresh Laundry Concentrate.
- Scour Off™ – A new, updated formula uses beeswax to replace some of the oil, preventing product separation and providing a better user experience.
- Hand Dish Wash – The color is a slightly deeper yellow due to a minor formulation change as part of our ongoing effort to provide the latest in eco-friendly ingredients.
- Classic Basic-H – Clearly better! Our signature non-toxic cleaner available in 5- and 30-gallon containers, now without the blue colorant and the preservative has been changed to reflect the latest in eco-friendly ingredients.
- Germ Off Wipes – Coming next year, Germ Off Wipes will be Germ Off+ Wipes. Updated with a new sanitizing agent that provides microbial efficacy and shorter kill times, with no rinse required on food surfaces, making it more convenient.
- Basic-G® – Coming next year, Basic-G will become Basic-G+! [ Basic-G® Germicide #00525 – Most backorders being filled now with our first shipment of Basic-G+™ #00527. Additional supply is expected next week which will fill all remaining backorders, and then this item will be available to order.
- Basic-G® Germicide Spray Bottle #50531 – Current supply is now the version with printed instructions for Basic-G+™. Updated with a new sanitizing agent that provides microbial efficacy and shorter kill times. The new formula is also effective against some of the most relevant pathogens today, such as norovirus.
- No visible difference, but minor formula improvements using the latest in eco-friendly ingredients have also been made to the following:
- Basic H2®/Basic H2® Wipes
- Hand Wash Concentrate
Stay safe by wearing your mask and avoiding groups of over 5 people, keeping 6 feet apart.
Be well, Do well, and Keep Moving!
www.fb.com/betsybellshealth4u Thursday at 8:30 PT life health tips